This is not cool…
How much more abstract could you possibly be? Not only that, but the situation doesn’t even involve the person that’s complaining.
Before anyone jumps on the bandwagon, I’ve had positive comments come my way via Twitter about my driving and personal skills, so I just want you to know that this isn’t a hate on for social media.
I’ve been subject to this before on a much larger scale. My third party complaint cost me 7 months on the job because I was accused of something I didn’t do. This is how TTC treated it;
- Someone wrote in accusing me of assaulting a passenger, not the person that wrote the letter…someone else.
- TTC got that person to sign a sworn letter.
- TTC staff went undercover with this person and basically said, ok, the driver will be here at this time. We need you to positively identify him.
- A month after the fact, TTC decided to inform me of the complaint against me and dismiss me without pay.
- My Superintendent (at the time) stated to me, and I’ll NEVER forget this, “the only reason we know it was you is because you were the only white driver in the area at the specified time frame.”
- Went to several meetings, where my fate was decided prior to even sitting down.
- I never met my accuser.
- No alleged victim ever stepped forward.
- There were no charges files with the Police.
- After all the steps and meetings, TTC permanently fired me and I had to hand in my badge and keys.
So up to this point, simply put, some disgruntled passenger wrote something on a piece a paper and without any evidence or proof, TTC (and this person) had ended my career. Trust me when I say that I was shattered, that I couldn’t believe this was actually happening. I broke down in the meeting.
Thankfully the Union listened to my case and provided me with a Lawyer to go Arbitration. Which at the end of the day, 7 months down the road, TTC and myself settled prior to the hearing. So I got fired, 7 months off of the job, then reinstated without loss of seniority, etc,etc.
So forgive me if I’m a little sour about third party complaints, but people seriously shouldn’t be putting their noses where they don’t belong. That being said, I am all for people complaining third party like if you feel that your life is in danger while you are on the bus. If you feel something isn’t right with the driver…but honestly, you should probably be contacting the Police at that point, not TTC Customer Service.
I guess all that I’m asking the general public is be careful and truly think about what you’re saying/writing. Being a third party means that you don’t know the situation 110% because you are not directly involved. You might end up costing someone their job..their house…their family……everything.